Orange Intense Cake
EXCELLENCE Orange Intense Bar 100g
1 hour 15 minutes
- Sicilian Orange Cake:
- 3 medium eggs, room temperature
- 2,9 dl (170 g) caster sugar
- 4,1 dl (165 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) (7 g/0.2 oz) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) (2 g/0.1 oz) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) (2 g/0.1 oz) salt
- 55 g unsalted butter, melted
- 70 g plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large orange, washed, cut into chunks and seeds removed (about 300 g)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE Orange Intense, finely chopped
- Orange Syrup:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange zest
- 0,8 dl (125 ml) orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 0,8 dl (60 g) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) orange liqueur
- Candied Orange Slices:
- 4,1 dl (360 g) caster sugar
- 4,1 dl water
- 1 organic orange, sliced into 0.25 mm thick slices
- Mascarpone Frosting:
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1,2 dl (70 g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange zest
- 0,8 dl cup (75 ml) 35% whipping cream
- Dark Chocolate Intense Ganache:
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Chocolate Orange Intense finely chopped
- 1,2 dl 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 100 g blueberries
- 35 g chopped pistachios
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE Orange Intense, cut into diamonds
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
Sicilian Orange Cake:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour bottom and sides of 23 cm springform pan; set aside. Sift together flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In food processor, pulse chopped orange until pureed; set aside.
Beat together eggs and sugar until light, fluffy and pale yellow. Sift in the half flour mixture and fold until blended. Repeat with remaining flour mixture.
Fold in pureed orange, yogurt and melted butter until blended. Fold in chopped chocolate. Scrape into prepared baking pan
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan and cool completely.
Stir together orange juice, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and orange liqueur. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until sugar dissolves and flavours marry. Brush syrup all over cake. Cool completely.
Candied Orange Slices:
Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium. Add orange slices. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a thin syrup and oranges are translucent. Reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook the oranges, turning occasionally, until the syrup is thick and the orange slices are tender but still intact. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cool completely. Transfer to a rack and let dry for at least 3 to 4 hours. Reserve the simple syrup for another use.
Beat mascarpone, icing sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks start to form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture. Chill until needed.
Add chopped chocolate to heatproof bowl; set aside. Heat cream in a small saucepan set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just comes to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate in heatproof bowl. Let stand 1 minute. Whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in honey. Cool to room temperature. Mixture should be thick but pourable.
Spread Mascarpone Frosting on top of cake but leave sides unfrosted. Mound blueberries in centre of cake. Garnish with candied orange slices, pistachios and chocolate diamonds. Pour over the ganache to serve.
Write Your Own Review